This anchovy and parsley dip is a savory and tangy combination that will add a delicious element to your appetizer spread. The briny flavor of the anchovies is balanced by the freshness of the parsley, creating a flavorful and addictive dip that is perfect for parties, gatherings, or simply enjoying as a snack. Ideally this is served on thinly sliced rounds of baguette.
- 12 anchovy fillets, rinsed and minced
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 baguette, sliced into thin rounds (or Crackers, breadsticks, or vegetable sticks) for serving
- In a mixing bowl, combine the minced anchovy fillets, finely chopped parsley, minced garlic, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard. Stir well to thoroughly combine all the ingredients.
- Season the dip with salt and pepper to taste. Remember that anchovies are naturally salty, so you may not need much additional salt.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dip for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together and the dip to chill.
- After chilling, give the dip a taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Add more lemon juice for acidity or more minced garlic for extra flavor, according to your preference.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and garnish with a few extra sprigs of parsley for presentation, if desired.
- Serve the anchovy and parsley dip with thinly sliced rounds of a baguette. Or: crackers, breadsticks, or an assortment of vegetable sticks like carrot, celery, or cucumber. The dip pairs well with the crunchy texture of the baguette and adds a burst of flavor to each bite.